Sirinya Tritipeskul Matute
Transportation Maven | sirinya.matute at gmail.com | @sirinyamatute
- MA, Urban Planning, UCLA (focus: Transportation Policy and Planning); certificate, Leaders in Sustainability
- BA, Economics, minor in Education, Smith College
- Coursework completed in institutional fundraising
- PC/Mac user
- Proficient in ArcView GIS and SPSS
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Subject matter knowledge of transportation planning and policy, travel behavior, parking economics, historic overview of land use planning in Los Angeles, with a focus on the San Fernando Valley & the Westside, and transportation demand management practices and strategies.
Relevant Transportation Planning Experience
TRANSIT MARKETING COORDINATOR, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus, September 2013-present
Producing construction notices and handling community relations for a citywide bus shelter project; transportation demand management (TDM); customer-facing information systems; general marketing and escalated customer service.
VICE-CHAIR, Southern California Streets Initiative, February 2012-present
- Fulfill fiduciary oversight responsibilities for the non-profit publisher of Streetsblog LA, a news source for coverage on sustainable transportation and livable cities issues.
- Advise on financial development (fundraising) strategy and editorial content. Assist with donor cultivation and stewardship.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING ANALYST (10/09-6/11) and TRANSPORTATION PLANNING INTERN (8/08-9/09), UCLA Transportation, Los Angeles, CA.
WEB WRITER, The Source, Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority, November 2010-March 2011
- Research and report on transportation planning, policy, and operations topics.
- Create GIS maps drawing on Census Bureau data to complete spatial analysis and to explain transportation planning and policy issues in Los Angeles.
Additional Work History
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, SOCIAL MEDIA, UCLA Fund, Los Angeles, CA, 6/2011-8/2013
- RESEARCH INTERN, CB Richard Ellis Investors, Research Division, Los Angeles, CA January 2008-March 2008
- Bruins for Traffic Relief, Los Angeles, CA, July 2008-July 2010.
- INTERN, Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency, North Hollywood, CA, 5/08-6/08.
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION INTERN, Montgomery County (MD) Department of Housing and Community Affairs, Rockville, MD, 7/06-9/06.
- RESEARCH ANALYST, International City/County Management Association Center for Performance Measurement, Washington, DC, October 2006-May 2007
- RESEARCH ASSISTANT, American Institutes for Research, Washington, DC, 6/04-7/06.
- RESIDENTIAL and TEACHING ASSISTANT, Johns Hopkins University-Center for Talented Youth, Summer 2001-Summer 2007
Service to the Community
- Board Member, Southern California Streets Initiative, the nonprofit arm of Los Angeles Streetsblog, February 2012-present
- Staff Liaison, UCLA Sustainability Committee (academic subcommitee), 2009-2013
- Smith College Club of Los Angeles (admissions interviewer, communications co-chair), September 2010-March 2012
- Mentor, Hope and a Home, Washington, DC., 2005-2007.